Door Viewer Guarantee
UAP Limited provide the following guarantee for their Door Viewers:
UAP Limited distribute a range of Door Viewers in a variety of colours: Polished Brass, Chrome Plated, Powder Coated, PVD Gold
We guarantee the products and finish against the following:
Surface Coating Failure:
We guarantee that the above products will not tarnish for a period of 5 years subject to;
- the products are applied to a door, window frame or door panel and n item of door furniture on the door, window frame or door panel are sealed or fixed using any form of silicone sealant or the like
- the products are fixed correctly and are not scratched or damaged at any time during the installation process or thereafter
- the products are cleaned monthly with a moist damp clth and not with any form of cleaning agents
- the products are not put in to doors, window frames or door panels that are closer than 25 miles (in a direct line) to the nearest coast. If any installation is within 25 miles of the coast then UAP will only guarantee their PVD finish products against tarnishing for a period of 5 years.
- no claim will be accepted for any product that is scratched or manipulated or fitted incorrectly
We guarantee that the above products will not fail mechanically during the 5 year guarantee period subject to the conditions outlined above. The door chains are guaranteed to withstand force not exceeding 200Nm.
Claiming under the Guarantee:
Every product must be inspected before they are fitted internally on to a door, window frame or door panel for any defects. If any defects are found then the product must not be fitted and the fault reported immediately to UAP Limited. Any product fitted is assumed to have been inspected and approved as being fit for purpose.
To make a claim under the guarantee, UAP Limited must receive in writing the product code of the item, full details of the problem, the date the product was purchased, the date of manufacture of the unit in question and the address of the installation.
We will require all 'faulty' items to be sent to ourselves by first class recorded delivery post. We will then examine the item in question and confirm whether the item is covered by the guarantee. If it is not covered by the guarantee we will advise you, the customer, in writing of the reason for rejecting the claim.
Limitations of the Guarantee:
UAP Limited's guarantee will be limited solely to the replacement of the item purchased from UAP. There is no liability whatsoever for consequential damages or costs, howsoever calculated or incurred. UAP Limited will enforce and rely fully upon their terms and conditions of sale in all aspects other than the limitation set out above. UAP will also pay for the cost of the recorded delivery, if and only if, the product is deemed to be cvered by the terms of the guarantee set out above.
Payment of the Guarantee:
UAP reserve the right to discharge the guarantee claim in the form of replacement products at the customer's normal buying price at the time of the complaint being received by UAP Limited.
Time Limit on Guarantee Claims:
UAP will only be liable for claims made within a maximum period of 5 years from the date of purchase of the products from UAP Limited.
The terms of the guarantee may be varied by UAP Limited at any time at their own discretion. Up to date product guarantees can be found on http://www.universal-imports.com.