CFG Profile Cylinder 10 Year Guarantee
- In so far as the terms are consistent with the Company’s standard terms and conditions of sale the provisions of this guarantee shall prevail.
- The Customer must notify the Company in writing of the nature of the alleged defect and return the product to the premises of Carl F Groupco Limited, within the Guarantee period, namely within 10 years of the delivery date.
- The Company’s complaint and returns procedure, a copy of which is available on request from the Company, must be followed at all times by the Customer.
- The Company shall investigate any claim made under this Guarantee for defective material or workmanship and shall be afforded reasonable access to the Product in question and in doing so, the Company shall be acting as an expert and not an arbitrator and the decision of the Company as to whether there is any such defect shall be final and binding on the Customer, save in the case of manifest error.
- The Company shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions or incorrect fitting by the Customer or any third party other than the Company, failure to follow the Company’s instructions, (whether oral or in writing), misuse, alteration or repair of the Products without the Company’s approval. The Customer shall ensure that all or any instructions, warnings, labellings or recommendations of the Company are incorporated into any contract made between the Customer and any third party, whereby the Customer sells on the Products Guaranteed hereunder and failure to incorporate such provision will invalidate this Guarantee.
- Where a valid claim determined by the Company pursuant to the provisions of clause 4 herein in respect of any of the Products and is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the products or their failure to meet specification, the Company at its sole discretion will decide to have the Products originally supplied, repaired, or to have the original Product replaced with an identical or similar Product or to issue a credit note for the price paid by the Customer for the Product.
- The Customer (or any customer of the Customer) shall ensure that all products supplied are correctly installed and adequately maintained in accordance with all or any specifications or recommendations issued by the Company from time to time and in particular, but not without prejudice to the generality that the cylinder shall be lubricated in line with the schedule below:-
|Cylinders with an average of +100 key operations per day||
|Cylinders with an average of 50-99 key operations per day||
|Cylinders with an average of 10-49 key operations per day||
|Cylinders with an average of 1-9 key operations per day||
Do not use oil, oil based, graphite or lubricants similar to WD40. Specialist cylinder lubricant s must be used.
The Product must not be cleaned with the use of any solvent based chemical. The cylinder should be wiped with a damp, detergent free cloth. It is a condition of this Guarantee that the provisions of this clause will be repeated in any contract made by the Customer and it customer.
8. The Company shall be under no liability whatsoever pursuant to the terms of this Guarantee if the Total price for the Product has not been paid by the due date for payment.
9. The provisions of the Guarantee, shall not apply to the finishing (including, but without limitation plating, lacquering and anodising) to any internal or external component parts of the Product.
10. Save for the Company’s potential liability referred to in clause 6 above, the Company shall have no further liability to the Customer and shall not be liable for any consequential loss, damage or expense, whether for loss of profit or otherwise, or any other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever and howsoever arising (and whether caused by negligence of the Company, its employees, or agents or otherwise) which arises out of or in connection with the supply of the products or their use or resale by the Customer.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, this 10 Year Guarantee shall not apply to any of the Company’s products, save for the CFG Profile Cylinder.
12. The benefit of this Guarantee is personal to the Customer and may not be assigned to a third party.
13. The Guarantee shall be governed and construed in all respects in accordance with English Law.