Seven things you didn’t know about Carl F Groupco
An article written for Clearview, January 2017.
1. Private Ownership: Carl F Groupco is one of the last remaining privately owned distributors, this gives the company the ability to adapt, pre-empt demands and respond quickly to changing requirements. With national field sales representation and two distribution centres in Peterborough and Cumbernauld, Carl F Groupco is a leading player in the UK hardware industry. Free from the constraints of a larger group, the company is at the forefront of new developments. For example, with the company’s recent launch of its SmartSecure brand, Carl F Groupco confirms its leadership in the field of advanced electronic door locking and smart access control.
2. Electronic Locking Leaders / Biggest FUHR Range: Carl F Groupco has the UK’s largest stock of FUHR door locks and is FUHR’s biggest single customer. A partnership dating back over 55 years ensures the two companies work very closely together. Carl F Groupco has in-depth knowledge of the locking systems and often works with the manufacturer to develop new products specifically for the UK market. The comprehensive range available includes high security locks, electronic systems and multitronic FUHR 881 which is at the heart of the SmartSecure solution. Unrivalled technical support for FUHR products is provided based on comprehensive experience of the full range.
3. The Largest Distributor Worldwide of the PN Reversible Hinge: Carl F Groupco is the official UK distributor of PN reversible hardware now manufactured by Roto and the largest individual customer worldwide. For the past 15 years the range has been supported by the company’s dedicated Product Manager, Julie Warner. In recent years, new solutions have been designed specifically to suit profile systems including Combi 500 Reversible gearing for the Eurocell Modus profile and UNI Side Hung Projecting gearing for Rehau’s flush fit profile.
4. Ingenious Launch Partners: Carl F Groupco was again at the forefront of door hardware initiatives when it was selected to be a launch partner by Ingenious. The hardware distributor supports the full Ingenious range of high security multipoint locks and accessories including the Duplex and Professional ranges, all of which are available ex stock for next day delivery. Commenting on the strength of the relationship and impressive service offered by the hardware supplier, Ingenious MD Nigel Hutchinson said, “We love the brand, the customer experience and the focus that Carl F Groupco brings to customer service: it’s a great fit for both organisations.”
5. Over 7,000 Product Lines: With one of the industry’s most comprehensive hardware ranges, Carl F Groupco’s product portfolio is extremely impressive. Sourcing only the best hardware from leading manufacturers, over £3 million of stock is held to ensure a rapid response to meet customer demands. Two distribution facilities, based in Peterborough and Cumbernauld, support the company’s commitment to next day delivery for orders placed before 3pm. Combined, the warehouses hold almost 1.9 million components, which facilitates the despatch of 3,000 orders per month.
6. A Charitable Organisation: Generous Carl F Groupco staff regularly raise money for worthy causes. Fund-raisers have included Jeans for Genes and the Ice Bucket Challenge. Marketing Manager Clare Crockett supported cancer when she entered the 26.2 mile London MoonWalk and sporty warehouse supervisor Tim Groves tackled his longest cycle ride to date raising considerable sums for the Sue Ryder Hospice charity, boosted by sponsorship from his Carl F Groupco colleagues.
7. FIT Show Forerunners: Carl F Groupco is a longstanding supporter of glazing industry exhibitions and events. The company has attended the FIT Show since its launch and in 2017 will be one of the high-profile hardware exhibitors for its fourth show in succession. Preparations are underway for a purpose-built stand for the 2017 FIT Show designed to catch visitors’ attention with further hardware innovations. As testimony to Carl F Groupco’s standing as a hardware industry forerunner, the company were the winners of the Most Successful Visitor Campaign in 2016.
Carl F Groupco Limited: Tel: 01733 393330
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org